New Product Release – DotNav Plugin Enhancing the Dot Navigation of Divi Theme
The DotNav plugin adds lots of new options to Divi Theme Customizer which can be accessed by going to Divi -> Theme Customizer -> Divi DotNav . This plugin provides the following most requested features for Divi Dot Navigation:
– Enable/disable Dot Navigation on different devices. You can do this by simply checking the checkbox of specific device like you do it for Divi Page Builder modules (Desktop/Tablet/Phone).
– Exclude specific sections from the Dot Navigation. Some page layouts have lots of sections and it may not be neccessary to show dots for each of them in the Dot Navigation.
– Add dot labels. The DotNav plugin uses page section CSS ids for dot labels/tooltips. There are different label format choices available.
– Lots of styling options. The plugin has options to control colors, borders, paddings, margins, widths, ect. You can achieve really unique dot navigation designs using the DotNav plugin features. Watch the short preview video below about what designs can be achieved for Divi Dot Navigation.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions please feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive exclusive FREE file downloads, news and updates right in your inbox.
Hi…Your plugin looks great but before I buy I have a question…Can I apply the dots and the labels to multiple pages or it works only with the main (single) page…
The purpose of Divi Dot Navigation is to navigate through a single page, not the website. If you enable the dot navigation for a page, Divi generates it automatically creating a dot for each section on your page and the DotNav plugin allows you to customize it.
i really love the plugin, simple to use and allow real fancy customizations.
I have one question tho:
I would like to show my dots and labels on desktop only, but on mobile and tablet i would like to show only the dots and make the labels visible on click or for the active link.
Is this acheivable?
Great to know you love the plugin :) The feature you are asking for is not available in the current version of the plugin, but I’ve added it to the list of upcoming features and will check if I can add it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Just bought this and it is excellent. Have one feature request. I would like the dots to appear only after scrolling like the default behavior of the DIVI dots in the DIVI builder.
Hi David. Thank you for purchasing the DotNav plugin.
This feature has been included in the features list and will be added soon, thanks for suggestion.
Ivan, I’m using DotNav version 1.1.2 and having two issues:
1) The chiddn_hide_section_dot isn’t working for me but not a big issue as I corrected it with my own “display: none” CSS.
2) I’ve got “Show Labels” set to “Hover Only”. this work fine on desktop but not on mobile (I’m using both the Chrome and Firefox browsers on Android). I don’t have a workaround for this.
Is there a newer version than 1.1.2 that addresses either of these? How do I get it?
Thanks for your comment.
1) Please make sure you select and save the “Hide” option for SHOW/HIDE SECTION DOTS feature in DotNav -> Dot Settings after you add the
chiddn_hide_section_dotCSS class to section(s), no need to use “display:none;” CSS.
2) “Hover Only” means the labels will show up only on hovering over the dot with cursor but since you don’t have a cursor on mobile it will not work on mobile (this is true for any hover effect), it will work if you tap on dots.
Hope this helps.
This plugin looks very useful for long page.
My question is,
Does it work with EXTRA theme and divi builder?
Thanks for asking. Current version (v1.0) of DotNav plugin works with Divi theme only.